Welcome to Saint Matthew Catholic Church!
The Catholic Church may be the largest religion in the world, it is also at times the most misunderstood.
The Church holds to a Seamless Garment of beliefs and teachings since it's inception by Jesus, 2000 years ago. These beliefs include:
- The belief that human beings were created by God in love, out of love, and for love. That even when we sin we still retain the dignity that comes from being created by God.
- The belief that God's goodness is infused in all of his creation. God can be found in our normal everyday life because his creation reflects his goodness. The world provides us with beauty, renewed by the Birth of Christ, that shows us God's goodness and love.
- We believe that we are simply stewards of God's creation. That everything, our lives, our homes, our talents; are all gifts from God and we have a responsibility to do his will with those gifts.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, that God has shown us in Sacred Scripture that he is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in perfect love and communion with one another. That our love is to be modeled on that perfect love he has.
- That community and providing a living church is important way of showing our communion with one another.
- We believe that God loved us so much that he became a man, Jesus so that he could walk with us and help guide us towards heaven.
- That the saints provide for us models of faith, that help guide us, and pray for us during our day to day life.
- We hold that Jesus give himself on the cross for our sins, and that he was resurrected 3 days later, and that one day we hope that we will rise to new life with him.
Each of our faith journeys are different. Each of us will develop our relationship with God in different ways. We are here to help you along that journey. If you are interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith feel free to meet with, our Pastor, our Director of Faith Formation. To set an appointment to meet with the pastor, CLICK HERE